Title: Half-Blood
Series: Covenant
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 281
In this book there are pures (offspring of pure and pure) and half-bloods (offspring of pure and human). Pures have godly powers, and are all..how do I say it? High up? Basically pures are considered better than half-bloods. Pures can basically do whatever they want when they grow up, but half-bloods can either protect pures and hunt daimons (demons) or be forced into slavery for pures, with some type of potion thing (not really sure what to call it).
Alex is a half-blood who's mom, for some unknown reason (you'll find out if you read the book) had taken her away from the school that all pures and half-bloods go to. During that time Alex's mom dies, and Alex is found by some Sentinels (the daimon hunters as said above). Alex is taken back to the school, but is very far behind on her training. Alex has the choice of either becoming a servant or living with her step father and taking only normal classes (not daimon hunting ones), but one of the Sentinels, Aiden, volunteers to help get Alex back up to speed. The Dean allows it, and Alex must be caught up by the start of school, or else. And I'm not sure what else to tell you guys with out ruining the book, so I'll start the review.
I was really excited to read this book because I loved Jennifer's series Lux, and of course I really loved this book as well, but it was really predictable, and SO SO SO much like Vampire Academy. If you replaced Aiden with Dimitri and Alex with Rose in some parts, you would not be able to tell the difference. I of course loved Vampire Academy, so I really liked this book anyways. My advice is to read this book, I could not put it down,but that's kinda how I am with every book, but anywayssss READ IT! That's all for this review...MY VERY FIRST...sorry it's really short, but hey, I'll get better!
-Peyton

No comments:
Post a Comment